Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by James <ge...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/20 19:38:21 UTC

Beginner XML Best Practice question

Hi All

I'm just getting into using Nifi for a new project and before I head down the wrong rabbit hole, I was wondering is somebody could give me a pointer or 2.

I'm planning on consuming and generating XML documents, and I know I need to create a schema for the XML structure. But the XML structure is only defined by DTD and no XSL/XSLT documents, and these DTDs are LARGE.

Would you go ahead and create the schema by defining it in JSON in the schema text, with embedded records and arrays, etc.? Or, is there a better route to go that I'm completely missing?

thanks
James