Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Joao Araujo <jo...@wireless-networks.com> on 2004/03/24 18:14:48 UTC

lib directory missing on webapp, forrest 0.6

Hi

    I replaced forrest 0.5.1 with the new version 0.6 yesterday.
    After generating my webapp it stopped working under tomcat with the
following message:

*    type* Status report

*    message* _Servlet Cocoon is not available_

*    description* _The requested resource (Servlet Cocoon is not
available) is not available._

          Apache Tomcat/5.0.19

    I investigated a little and discovered that the lib directory had
not been copied from the
    core directory .  I copied it . Everything came back to work.

Joao,

Re: lib directory missing on webapp, forrest 0.6

Posted by Joao Araujo <jo...@wireless-networks.com>.
> Is this related to this change:
>
> r9185 | nicolaken | 2004-01-26 00:07:26 +0100 (Mon, 26 Jan 2004) | 7
> lines
>

>       <action dev="NKB" type="update" context="core">
>         Libraries are not copied anymore in the servlet context of
>         the dist and of the project being built; they are added
>         instead to the classpath of jetty for the 'run' target and
>         of the Cocoon CLI for the default 'site' target.
>       </action>

    Probably that is the reason. It would work if they are put in the
classpath in the localhost.
    I see problem when they are exported to another host, or
"application server" (For example Tomcat).

    We also have two options to deal with the remote thing .
       - forrest webapp
       - forrest webapp-local

> I guess that this needs to be fixed, but maybe there is a reason for
> this behaviour.

    agree,

Joao,

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@che-che.com>.