Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andre Hübner <an...@gmx.de> on 2009/08/24 10:41:27 UTC

[users@httpd] AddOutputFilterByType vs. SSI/php-cgi

linux, apache 2.2.10

Hello,

my situation is as follows.
i have activated mod_deflate by:

LoadModule deflate_module /usr/lib/apache/mod_deflate.so
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
        AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml
application/x-javascript text/x-js text/javascript
</IfModule>

In test.shtml Page (SSI) i do an include of an php-file.

significant line of shtml is:
<!--#include virtual="/shtml/test.php" -->

test.php just echos "test test test".
This works if  php runs as mod_php. If i switch to php-cgi by Addhandler
directive no page is displayed. In this case Browsers have problems to
decompress.
lynx shows:

HTTP-Verbindung zu example.com wird aufgebaut.
HTTP Request wird geschickt.
HTTP Request geschickt; warten auf Antwort.
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Übertragung komplett.
/usr/bin/gzip -d --no-name /tmp/XXXXyy8RKi/L19458-597TMP.html.gz
Obacht: Temporäre Datei konnte nicht dekomprimiert werden!

Last line means that Temp-File could not decompressed.
I have no idea why. I tried with RemoveOutputFilter shtml after the
AddOutputFilterByType but was not working.
How to avoid this without deactivating mod_deflate?

Thanks,
Andre