Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/29 09:46:26 UTC

[DISCUSS] should we include gson support in main trunk

Hi folks,

Today I noticed there's one pull request 2699 (dubbo Add a new
serialization -gson) [1] pending for review. I'm hesitate to move it in
since we've already had fastjson serialization support which serves the
same purpose.

I'd like to hear your opinion on this.

Thanks,
-Ian.

1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/pull/2699

Re: [DISCUSS] should we include gson support in main trunk

Posted by jun liu <ke...@gmail.com>.
Great to have a new serialization extension!

> I'm hesitate to move it in
> since we've already had fastjson serialization support which serves the
> same purpose.

Thanks to Dubbo’s SPI, we can extend as many serialization protocol as we want. I think the existing fastjson should never be the reason to block this one from being accepted into the eco-system.

Best regards,
Jun

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.