Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net> on 2007/11/13 04:05:36 UTC

Lucene.Net 2.1 & 2.2

Hi folks,

My apology for my long absent from this mailing list.  I have been very busy
with my work on a critical project.

Looking ahead, Lucene.Net 2.1 is near completion; it has been very stable
and only one NUnit test is failing, which is:
Lucene.Net.Index.TestNorms._TestNorms().  Can someone look into it and offer
a patch?  Once we get this out of our way, I believe we are ready to declare
Lucene.Net 2.1 "final" and release it.

In regards to Lucene.Net 2.2, I have already started looking into it and
generated a delta between Java Lucene 2.1 and 2.2; so the initial conversion
is underway such that I expect, over this coming weekend, to commit the
initial port and then we can start addressing issues accordingly.

Finally, working on Lucene.Net, is not easy and is very time consuming to
say the least!  It takes considerable amount of my time with hardly anything
in return.  If you are using Lucene.Net and find it valuable, consider
donation toward it to keep me motivated.  If you can help, please visit my
website at: http://www.aroush.net/ to learn how or email me directly.

Regards,

-- George

RE: Unit Test Results

Posted by Michael Garski <mg...@myspace.com>.
I've traced down what is happening.  The method Lucene.Net.Documents.NumberTools.ToString is returning an empty string for the first segment.  This method can be altered to return "0" if the input parameter == 0.

Michael

Re: Lucene.Net 2.1 & 2.2

Posted by Karol Rybak <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hello I have a small question. Is lucene 2.1 capable of reading lucene

--
Karol Rybak
Programista / Programmer