Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by amitsaini1976 <AM...@GMAIL.COM> on 2013/09/04 14:08:08 UTC

Distributed Event Admin Implementation

Hi All,
Do we have any Distributed Event Admin implementation in apache or
opensource. I have seen LightSabre the concept is good but is too old and
slow. Eclipse has ECF but its on Eclipse need something on Karaf/Felix

Thanks,
Amit

Re: Distributed Event Admin Implementation

Posted by amitsaini1976 <AM...@GMAIL.COM>.
Thanks a lot JB.

Re: Distributed Event Admin Implementation

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
By the way, in Cellar 3.0.0, I renamed the cellar-event feature to
cellar-eventadmin.

It uses the Cellar datagrid (powered by Hazelcast).

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Distributed Event Admin Implementation

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi Amit,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Amit,

You are right by default, but you can install the cellar-event feature
to add eventadmin support.

Regards
JB

On 09/04/2013 02:50 PM, amitsaini1976 wrote:
> Hi Achim,
>
> Cellar Supports only three kind of event. Application event are not there as
> per the cellar-manual
> 1.) Configuration change event.
> 2.) Features repository added/removed event.
> 3.) Features installed/uninstalled event.
>
> Thanks,
> Amit

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Distributed Event Admin Implementation

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

with Karaf Cellar, you're able to distribute your events throughout the
cluster, which is also managed by Cellar.
Take a look at [1], for more details.
Karaf Cellar is the one Apache Karaf solution, there are others around ...

regards, Achim

[1] - http://karaf.apache.org/manual/cellar/latest-2.2.x/index.html

2013/9/4 amitsaini1976 <AM...@gmail.com>

> Hi All,
> Do we have any Distributed Event Admin implementation in apache or
> opensource. I have seen LightSabre the concept is good but is too old and
> slow. Eclipse has ECF but its on Eclipse need something on Karaf/Felix
>
> Thanks,
> Amit

Project Lead
OPS4J Pax for Vaadin <http://team.ops4j.org/wiki/display/PAXVAADIN/Home>