Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2007/10/30 20:20:00 UTC

[Trinidad] Dialog - lightweight dialogs

Hi,

to have the lightweight dialog working, you have to configure this:

org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.ENABLE_LIGHTWEIGHT_DIALOGS=true

in your web.xml. This feature works nice!

Should we make the lightweight dialog facility the default ?
(Wasn't there a discussion related to that ?)

WDYT ?

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: [Trinidad] Dialog - lightweight dialogs

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
> 1. opening (background) window clickable (ie. not greyed out) for modal
> popups in firefox

Firefox has a bug with performance and graying out multiple controls,
so it should not be used. The modal nature is still implemented
though.

-A

Re: [Trinidad] Dialog - lightweight dialogs

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 10/30/07, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 10/30/07, Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Last time I tested the (normal) dialogs with Firefox the popups worked
> > but weren't really modal (I was able to click into the opening
> > windows). In IE they worked and were modal, but the performance of
> > greying out the opening page was bad.
> > On the other side the lightweight dialogs worked nice.
> > Don't know if the issues with normal dialogs are fixed in the meantime.
> not able to follow. which issues?

1. opening (background) window clickable (ie. not greyed out) for modal
popups in firefox
2. modal popups in IE very slow

--Manfred

Re: [Trinidad] Dialog - lightweight dialogs

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On 10/30/07, Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Last time I tested the (normal) dialogs with Firefox the popups worked
> but weren't really modal (I was able to click into the opening
> windows). In IE they worked and were modal, but the performance of
> greying out the opening page was bad.
> On the other side the lightweight dialogs worked nice.
> Don't know if the issues with normal dialogs are fixed in the meantime.
not able to follow. which issues?

-M

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.
Last time I tested the (normal) dialogs with Firefox the popups worked
but weren't really modal (I was able to click into the opening
windows). In IE they worked and were modal, but the performance of
greying out the opening page was bad.
On the other side the lightweight dialogs worked nice.
Don't know if the issues with normal dialogs are fixed in the meantime.
However, I am
+0.5 for making the lightweight dialog facility the default

--Manfred

On 10/30/07, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> to have the lightweight dialog working, you have to configure this:
>
> org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.ENABLE_LIGHTWEIGHT_DIALOGS=true
>
> in your web.xml. This feature works nice!
>
> Should we make the lightweight dialog facility the default ?
> (Wasn't there a discussion related to that ?)
>
> WDYT ?
>
> -Matthias
>
> --
> Matthias Wessendorf
>
> further stuff:
> mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

--
http://www.irian.at
Your JSF powerhouse - JSF Consulting,
Development and Courses in English and
German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: [Trinidad] Dialog - lightweight dialogs

Posted by Danny Robinson <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 for 1.0.4

On 10/30/07, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> to have the lightweight dialog working, you have to configure this:
>
> org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.ENABLE_LIGHTWEIGHT_DIALOGS=true
>
> in your web.xml. This feature works nice!
>
> Should we make the lightweight dialog facility the default ?
> (Wasn't there a discussion related to that ?)
>
> WDYT ?
>
> -Matthias
>
> --
> Matthias Wessendorf