Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Mike Hartley <mh...@totalise.co.uk> on 2002/10/16 22:30:15 UTC

Http User Parameter modifier again

Hi all,

I am using the http user parameter modifier to login a series of users -
nothing new there then I here you all say, but within the same users.xml
file I want to create a parameter X with multiple values which all the
threads can access as a common pool. The xml has an allthreads section, but
whenever I add something, the whole lot stops working.

Can someone please drop me an example of where I should put me pool of
paramaters.

Thanks

Mike

Re: Http User Parameter modifier again

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
First, you should use the newer User Parameters config element instead of the
HTTP User Parameter Modifier - it's easier and more general.

You could sort of get the effect I imagine you're looking for by using two User
Parameter config elements, one for the user-specific variables, and one for the
pool of values.  However, I'm guessing you want a pool of values that would return
a somewhat random element each time accessed?  To do that, a new element
could be created to do just that, and it would be very easy to write.

-Mike

On 16 Oct 2002 at 21:30, Mike Hartley wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using the http user parameter modifier to login a series of users -
> nothing new there then I here you all say, but within the same users.xml
> file I want to create a parameter X with multiple values which all the
> threads can access as a common pool. The xml has an allthreads section, but
> whenever I add something, the whole lot stops working.
>
> Can someone please drop me an example of where I should put me pool of
> paramaters.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

Michael Stover