Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Kristian Köhler <Kr...@gmx.de> on 2007/05/22 17:06:50 UTC

Spring deployment for Geronimo

Hi

some advertisement;-)

I have written a simple deployer which is able to deploy "standalone"
spring based applications. These applications/contexts can then be
accessed via a Spring-FactoryBean from an other application running in
the same application server. It's also possible to deploy "headless"
spring based applications which doesn't need something else (timer
triggered apps for example).
With the spring deployment module you are able to deploy spring
applications like any other JavaEE packed application ;-).

A simple example can be found here:
http://gaswerk.sourceforge.net/spring.html

I have also prepackaged a Geronimo distribution containing this deployer
called 'GASwerk Spring'. This is a Geronimo 2.0 (head) based minimal
server distribution plus the spring deployment module.

This is only an "earlyDraft" but I think it shows how things might work.

Comments are welcome ;-)

Kristian

--
http://gaswerk.sf.net