Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> on 2011/06/01 09:09:45 UTC

Re: [FtpServer] Surefire plugin and JUnit versions and default logging level

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 11:59 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The surefire plugin version in the FtpServer pom is currently 2.4.3,
> which is very old - the current version is 2.8.1.
> 2.4.3 does not even support systemPropertyVariables (2.5+).
>
> Likewise, JUnit is pegged at 3.8.2; the current version for Java 1.5+ is 4.8.2.
>
> Any objection to updating these?

None, go ahead.

> Also, the default logging level is DEBUG, which makes "mvn test" very noisy.
> I think WARN would be more appropriate for normal testing.
>
> Unfortunately it does not appear to be possible to override the
> logging level via a system parameter; the only way to do this is by
> modifying the log4j.properties file, or providing an alternative file.
>
> Would it be OK to change the default level in the log4j.properties file?

Yes.

/niklas

Re: [FtpServer] Surefire plugin and JUnit versions and default logging level

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 6:06 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> However I only did these in trunk (likewise some EOL changes).

Great!

> Should I be applying the fixes to the 1.0.x branch code as well as to trunk?
> I'm happy to do that if it's required.

1.0.x is in maintenance mode, so I only put bug fixes in there, so I
think there's no need for these fixes.

/niklas

Re: [FtpServer] Surefire plugin and JUnit versions and default logging level

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 1 June 2011 08:09, Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 11:59 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The surefire plugin version in the FtpServer pom is currently 2.4.3,
>> which is very old - the current version is 2.8.1.
>> 2.4.3 does not even support systemPropertyVariables (2.5+).
>>
>> Likewise, JUnit is pegged at 3.8.2; the current version for Java 1.5+ is 4.8.2.
>>
>> Any objection to updating these?
>
> None, go ahead.
>
>> Also, the default logging level is DEBUG, which makes "mvn test" very noisy.
>> I think WARN would be more appropriate for normal testing.
>>
>> Unfortunately it does not appear to be possible to override the
>> logging level via a system parameter; the only way to do this is by
>> modifying the log4j.properties file, or providing an alternative file.
>>
>> Would it be OK to change the default level in the log4j.properties file?
>
> Yes.

OK, both done.