Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gunnar Wagenknecht <gu...@wagenknecht.org> on 2007/09/16 20:14:20 UTC

Case Insensitive Context Path

Hi,

I wonder how to make the context path of a webapp case insensitive? I
tried setting the caseSensitive to false. However, that does not seem to
affect the webapp context path.

This is on a vanilla TC 6.0. I checked the documentation as well as
Google but couldn't find the right answer.

Any tip is appreciated. Thanks!

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@wagenknecht.org

RE: Case Insensitive Context Path

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Gunnar Wagenknecht
> Subject: Case Insensitive Context Path
>
> I wonder how to make the context path of a webapp case insensitive?

I believe the URI RFC requires that it be case sensitive.  You might be
able to write a valve for the <Engine> or <Host> that does the necessary
re-casing for you.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.