Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Hookom, Jacob" <Ja...@redline.mckhboc.com> on 2003/12/18 01:36:46 UTC

Enhancement Request or Possible Alternative?

We are doing a lot of module switching or multistep workflows (which we
handle fine through session beans) but at the same time, users are allowed
to jump to different pages and we would like to capture a "leave" event when
they aren't within a set of mapping(s).

I'm wondering if anyone has solved this problem because it would also allow
for constraints on workflows at the action level (if you leave pages X,Y,Z
then fire Action 'CheckSession').

--------
Jacob Hookom
Senior Programmer/Analyst
McKesson Medical-Surgical
Golden Valley, MN

Re: Enhancement Request or Possible Alternative?

Posted by Vic Cekvenich <Ce...@baseBeans.com>.
I have a commercial Struts product that includes an event that is
generated when a new action is called.
I built it so that one can clean up any session stuff when going to
another action for large projects.
We could work out something VERY reasonable.
.V