Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org> on 2003/11/07 14:50:20 UTC

[OT] Sleepless in Paris

hammett wrote:
 >Niclas wrote:
 >>P.S.  When do you sleep?? There are posts from you around the clock.
 >> Don't you know it is important to get regular sleep.
 >
 > I was thinking the same. Maybe Steve got rid of this necessity
 > evolving to a supreme of been. I think right now - while he's thinking
 > about distributed containers - he's feeding himself from sunlight. :-)

LOL :D

The guy is just scary when on a code high....

I remember talking to him on the phone, friday 9pm, both doing coding
till about 12, going to bed, waking up saturday 10am, going over the
changes he made from 12pm-4am, and while reading the logs, seeing the
first new proposal appear on the mailing list....followed by sustained
bursts of commits all the way to 1am on saturday night. Finally followed
by a "goodnight" notice at 3am, which, by the time I read it on sunday
morning, already had been followed up by three more e-mails.

I've gotta wonder, you must regularly be up, programming, when your son
gets home at 4am....

- LSD

Re: [OT] Sleepless in Paris

Posted by Alexis Agahi <al...@users.sf.net>.
On Friday 07 November 2003 14:50, Leo Simons wrote:
> The guy is just scary when on a code high....
>
> I remember talking to him on the phone, friday 9pm, both doing coding
> till about 12, going to bed, waking up saturday 10am, going over the
> changes he made from 12pm-4am, and while reading the logs, seeing the
> first new proposal appear on the mailing list....followed by sustained
> bursts of commits all the way to 1am on saturday night. Finally followed
> by a "goodnight" notice at 3am, which, by the time I read it on sunday
> morning, already had been followed up by three more e-mails.

Steve has applied Avalon principle to his own lifestyle, beeing completly
transient with complet inversion of control.

You can perform a many lookup("steve") at same time and get different instance
of the interface (phone, email, mailinglist, bar). :))

Also he's not far from beeing 100% update since EPOC :)

LOL