Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org> on 2008/12/08 19:52:54 UTC

Enhancements to the JMS transport in WS-Commons / Transports

Hi All

We have updated the new unified JMS transport code shared between Apache
Axis2 and Apache Synapse. This code now lives in WS-Commons, transport
module. The new enhancements allows JMS services to support both local
JMS and distributed JTA transactions. In addition, we have also moved
away from the use of asynchronous message receiving API into a polling
model, which should allow the code to run within or outside of any JEE
servers without conflicts. Please do test your scenarios with the
updated transport, and report back any issues, before we cut the first
release of this code sometime early next year.

Some of the new parameters supported are described in the package
documentation in the SVN [1], and also copied here for easy reference:
http://adroitlogic.org/knowledge-base-axis2/9-the-enhanced-jms-transport.html

A simple Axis2 sample illustrating a POJO service over JMS and the
generation of a client for SOAP/JMS is detailed here:
http://adroitlogic.org/knowledge-base-axis2/10-soap-over-jms-with-apache-axis2.html

Synapse ESB examples will soon follow, and illustrate some of the
advanced concepts. Your feedback is appreciated and most welcome.

cheers
asankha

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/webservices/commons/trunk/modules/transport/modules/jms/src/main/java/org/apache/axis2/transport/jms/package.html?revision=724432&content-type=text%2Fhtml