Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Gary Aitken <op...@dreamchaser.org> on 2012/06/02 20:10:58 UTC

[calc] prevent web addr from becoming a link when entered

Anyone know how to prevent a URL from becoming a link when typing it into a cell?
It's impossible to edit them once they become a link.
I'd like to be able to set that as the default.

Thanks,

Gary

Re: [calc] prevent web addr from becoming a link when entered

Posted by Mike Scott <mi...@scottsonline.org.uk>.
On 02/06/12 19:10, Gary Aitken wrote:
> Anyone know how to prevent a URL from becoming a link when typing it into a cell?
> It's impossible to edit them once they become a link.
> I'd like to be able to set that as the default.

Tools | Autocorrect options. Look on the 'options' tab.

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England

Re: [calc] prevent web addr from becoming a link when entered

Posted by Gary Aitken <ah...@dreamchaser.org>.
Thanks all,

Gary

Posted by NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net>.

Posted by Jim Plante <ji...@me.com>.
You can make it editable this way:
1) select the nearest adjacent cell
2) using the arrows, navigate to the link's cell
3) choose Format->Default formatting
4) Use the arrow keys to navigate into the link portion for editing. If you use the mouse, it becomes a link again.
Knowing OOo, though, there's probably a couple of other ways to do that as well.

Jim