Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ross Druker <RD...@alamo.sh.rohmhaas.com> on 2003/04/25 14:58:19 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_auth_ldap and mod_frontpage

Hi,
I'm using apache 2.0.45.  I compiled in mod_auth_ldap.  I have gotten it to
work successfully with our Active Directory server.

I am also using the mod_frontpage module from rtr (Ready to Run software) --
their beta version for apache 2.  It also works fine.

However, I cannot get mod_auth_ldap to work using LDAP with mod_frontpage.
 I've gone over the FrontPageHack stuff in the mod_auth_ldap documentation a
number of times.  Still no luck.  Has anyone done this successfully?

One thing I noticed in the log file, running at debug level, was that auth_ldap
seems to be looking for .exe files -- like shtml.exe -- in the web's _vti_bin
area.  E.g.,

[Thu Apr 24 15:11:10 2003] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] File does not
exist: /home/apache2/htdocs/_vti_bin/shtml.exe

These .exe's are not in the web and subwebs.  They are where frontpage
extensions were installed:

/home/frontpage/version5.0/bin/owsadm.exe
/home/frontpage/version5.0/exes/_vti_bin/_vti_aut/author.exe
/home/frontpage/version5.0/exes/_vti_bin/_vti_adm/admin.exe
/home/frontpage/version5.0/exes/_vti_bin/_vti_adm/fpadmcgi.exe
/home/frontpage/version5.0/exes/_vti_bin/shtml.exe
/home/frontpage/version5.0/exes/_vti_bin/fpcount.exe

How to I tell mod_auth_ldap where to look for these?  Anything else I'm
missing?

Thanks,
Ross

--
Ross Druker                                      Rohm and Haas Co.
RDruker@RohmHaas.com                             Philadelphia, PA