Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Aditya <ad...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/07 15:29:12 UTC

Re: Regarding Issue MAHOUT-1941

Thanks for the advice Saikat. I'll try to get some hands on experience. I
have gone through the mail thread " Contributing an algorithm for Samsara "
and was wondering if there are any unit tests / any bug fixes pending to
which I could contribute.

I will also go through the list of issues in Jira and see if I can
contribute to any of them to understand the framework. I'll get back to you
if I have any questions.

Best Regards,
Aditya

Posted by Saikat Kanjilal <sx...@hotmail.com>.
Aditya,

Please take a look at the plan in mahout-1929  specifically the list of next steps I identified to see which of those interests you and which you think you can finish in a managable period of time, for all GLM discussions lets keep all our discussions inside that JIRA.   I am also in the middle of researching ALS so feel free to take a look at the discussion with Dmitry to see whether you want to work on any of the areas identified in that thread (namely (1) double-weighed ALS
(2) bayesian optimization and crossvalidation in an n-dimensional
hyperparameter space
(3) feature extraction per (preferrably R-like) formula.) , if you have questions ping the list and I'll respond as my bandwidth frees up some more.

Thanks again for your help.

Posted by Aditya <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hello Trevor,

I emailed you personally. Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Aditya

Posted by Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Aditya,