Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com> on 2003/08/23 08:07:08 UTC

Apache 2.1 "Alpha" Release

An Alpha Type Release from HEAD has been discussed Several times in the past
months.  It seems no one is against such a release.  Just a Quick Refresh:

June 20:
"Once mod_ssl works again, I'd support doing a 2.1 release." - Justin
Erenkrantz  -
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=105606838827549&w=2

May 14: All replies in this thread supported a 2.1 release -

There are even a couple more before those.

So. Are we going todo a 2.1 release anytime soon?  Everyone can agree, but no
one does it.

-chip

Re: Apache 2.1 "Alpha" Release

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
There is one more detail for 2.1.0 (2.1.1?) alpha release, and that would be
the completion of the mod_includes labor that will hopefully eliminate the
subtle logic errors that users occasionally trip over.  But very soon, keep in
mind that progress slows on this list in summer (as a rule.)  When we all

Bill

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.
If making a release wasn't so complicated, I'd do one right now.

Where can one find the most recently updated RM instructions these days?

-aaron