Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by MillieretXavier <xa...@eaton.com> on 2017/10/23 13:46:22 UTC

Sasl authentication mechanisme

Hi all,

I have a question about the authentication mechanisme, I use Activemq 5.12.3
with Karaf.
I need an authentication between  two application, I saw the handshake
mechanism for the autentication based on SASL. ActiveMq can do only
ANONYMOUS, or PLAIN TEXT (for my version).
My question is: there an ActiveMq version,  with a SASL mechanisme, but not
only PLAIN TEXT, to not use the SSL mechanisme?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

Re: Sasl authentication mechanisme

Posted by MillieretXavier <xa...@eaton.com>.
Hi Tim,

Thx for your answer.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 10/23/2017 09:46 AM, MillieretXavier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a question about the authentication mechanisme, I use Activemq 5.12.3
> with Karaf.
> I need an authentication between  two application, I saw the handshake
> mechanism for the autentication based on SASL. ActiveMq can do only
> ANONYMOUS, or PLAIN TEXT (for my version).
> My question is: there an ActiveMq version,  with a SASL mechanisme, but not
> only PLAIN TEXT, to not use the SSL mechanisme?
>
> Thanks a lot for your help.
>
> Regards

The broker supports only ANONYMOUS and PLAIN mechanisms, if you want
security on the transport then SSL is the way to go.

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121