Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2018/02/15 15:57:03 UTC

Git repo for training content

Hi,

Now the date and venue are fixed for the training course (I need to
publish them) we need somewhere to put the training material.

After some research my plan is to use reveal.js and GitHub pages. This
means we'll need a GitHib repo. I therefore plan to request an ASF
GitHub repo - "tomcat-training" to host this content. I'll probably do
this tomorrow unless there are any concerns or objections.

Mark

Re: Git repo for training content

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 15/02/18 16:09, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 4:57 PM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Now the date and venue are fixed for the training course (I need to
>> publish them) we need somewhere to put the training material.
>>
>> After some research my plan is to use reveal.js and GitHub pages. This
>> means we'll need a GitHib repo. I therefore plan to request an ASF GitHub
>> repo - "tomcat-training" to host this content. I'll probably do this
>> tomorrow unless there are any concerns or objections.
>>

> +1

As you will have seen, I've created the repo and started to populate it.
I am VERY impressed with reveal.js so far.

My plan over the coming weeks includes:
- tweaking the default template to add some Tomcat branding
- fill out the content
- once we have some reasonable content publish it via github pages
- link to the training material from the website
- promote it on the users list along with a call for contributions

Obviously, there is a hard deadline 10 April to complete the first
course as that is when I have booked the venue for.

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 4:57 PM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Now the date and venue are fixed for the training course (I need to
> publish them) we need somewhere to put the training material.
>
> After some research my plan is to use reveal.js and GitHub pages. This
> means we'll need a GitHib repo. I therefore plan to request an ASF GitHub
> repo - "tomcat-training" to host this content. I'll probably do this
> tomorrow unless there are any concerns or objections.

+1

Rémy