Posted to user@struts.apache.org by VSGoud <sr...@yahoo.co.in> on 2010/01/21 14:28:44 UTC

Convert struts tag to html

Hi Friends,

When i am using Data Tag <s:property />, loosing linebreaks ,spaces etc.
which were there in the DataBase columns.
I am eager to convert the fetched data to html.
Could u help me out from this issue.

Srikanth

Re: Convert struts tag to html

Posted by Robert Graf-Waczenski <rg...@lsoft.com>.
VSGoud schrieb:
> Hi Friends,
>
> When i am using Data Tag <s:property />, loosing linebreaks ,spaces etc.
> which were there in the DataBase columns.
> I am eager to convert the fetched data to html.
> Could u help me out from this issue.
>
> Srikanth

Even though your problem is completely unrelated to Struts (and
therefore, strictly speaking, this list is the wrong place to ask),
here's some guidance for you. There is no single "html conversion" of a
set of "lines" of any source. The result depends on your needs. It could
be an html table structure with fancy tr/td rows and everything and it
could be as simple as replacing the linebreak (which itself depends on
your server platform, i.e. Mac/Un*x/Win) with something like an html
"br" entity. So ask yourself what your resulting html is supposed to
look like, then you will surely come up with the correct solution to
your problem.

Robert

Re: Convert struts tag to html

Posted by Brian Thompson <el...@gmail.com>.
Try using <s:property escape="false"/>.  Does that help?

-Brian