Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Heather Grewar <hg...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/21 21:57:53 UTC

technical question

Hello,

My name is Heather.  I am a physiotherapist.  I am in the process of
converting my practice to  a paperless one.  I am wondering, in terms of
electronic note-taking, if the SVN software could effectively function as an
audit trail ie. a trail of all changes to the electronic note could be
tracked while preserving the integrity of the original entry?

Thank you for your assistance,

Heather Grewar
(613) 728-2790

Re: technical question

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
On 07/21/2011 03:57 PM, Heather Grewar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Heather.  I am a physiotherapist.  I am in the process of
> converting my practice to  a paperless one.  I am wondering, in terms of
> electronic note-taking, if the SVN software could effectively function as an
> audit trail ie. a trail of all changes to the electronic note could be
> tracked while preserving the integrity of the original entry?

Heather, yours is a question better aimed at our user community
(users@subversion.apache.org).  We use this list to talk solely about the
*development* of the Subversion software, not its use.  Please pose your
question again on that list.

While I have your attention, though, I will say that Subversion's very
purpose is to track changes to files over time while preserving the
integrity of the files themselves.  Of course, while I can make that claim
in all honesty using the same words you did, it's still possible that you
and I have different interpretations of those words.  I'm confident that as
you discuss your needs on the users@ list, though, the finer points of what
you need and what Subversion offers will be ironed out.

--
C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net>