Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brendan <bp...@fastmail.fm> on 2003/05/30 21:40:05 UTC

I cannot get Tomcat4.1.24 to run as a service using JRockit. Has anyone done this?

 I'm fairly impressed with the JRockit8.1 JVM but I can't seem to get
 Tomcat to stay alive as a service when trying to subsitute in
 JRockit. Using tomcat.exe to install JRockit as a service seems to
 work, but when you start the service it quickly dies. I think it does
 start up briefly because the correct log files are written.

There is mention of a problem using the service I think:
http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org/doc/english/release-notes.html but
I'm not sure if this is the same thing as tomcat.exe.

I've searched far and wide for the answer. I have tried adding
JRockit's -Xnohup command line param but that doesn't seem to help.

Has anyone done this successfully?

thanks,
Brendan

Re: I cannot get Tomcat4.1.24 to run as a service using JRockit. Has anyone done this?

Posted by Jason Bainbridge <ja...@jblinux.org>.
On Sat, 31 May 2003 03:40, Brendan wrote:
>  I'm fairly impressed with the JRockit8.1 JVM but I can't seem to get
>  Tomcat to stay alive as a service when trying to subsitute in
>  JRockit. Using tomcat.exe to install JRockit as a service seems to
>  work, but when you start the service it quickly dies. I think it does
>  start up briefly because the correct log files are written.

Installing Tomcat as a Windows Service can sometimes be a bit of a pain, this
tool makes it quite easy though:

http://web.bvu.edu/staff/david/tcservcfg/

It's designed for Sun's JVM but should still work with JRockit.

One thing that can cause the service to die quickly is if Tomcat is installed
somewhere with a space in it's path, however the GUI above should get around
this problem.

Jason Bainbridge
KDE Web Team - http://kde.org
webmaster@kde.org