Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Rolf Schumacher <ro...@august.de> on 2015/06/23 23:44:56 UTC

Closed

Dear JSPWiki insiders

I would like to open a JSPWiki to a limited set of contributers.
I did several experiments with editing jspwiki.policy without success.
I must say I am not able to understand the logic behind it and stopped
trying it.

Is there just an ready-to-use example of a jspwiki.policy for a limited
set of users?

--
Viele Grüße, Best Regards

Rolf Schumacher

RE: Closed

Posted by Rolf Schumacher <ro...@august.de>.
Ok, thank you Xiaoming.

I do not really understand your answer to my question. Currently in my
new wiki there are only the standard pages. The wiki does not contain
any user pages yet. They have to come. Usually you start entering pages
by navigating from the main page to other pages - but it is not possible
here to open it by the jspwiki.policy you provided.

If the provided jspwiki.policy works on your site there should be a
difference in our installations. Do you got an idea to find the
difference?

---
Viele Grüße, Best Regards

Rolf Schumacher

Am 29.06.2015 17:52, schrieb Xiaoming Yang:
> Basically, I don't put much info on Main page. All valuable info are
> put on pages that can only be seen by 'Authenticated' role.
>
> Regards,
> Xiaoming

>>> org.apache.wiki.auth.AuthorizationManager Jspwiki:/jspwiki/Wiki.jsp
>>> Jspwiki:http://wiki.url.com/jspwiki/Wiki.jsp - User The Name has no
>>> access - redirecting
>>> (permission=("org.apache.wiki.auth.permissions.PagePermission","Jspwi
>>> k
>>> i:Main","view"))
>>> 2015-06-28 14:29:40,499 [http-nio-8080-exec-8] INFO
>>> org.apache.wiki.util.PropertyReader Jspwiki:/jspwiki/Login.jsp
>>> Jspwiki:http://wiki.url.com/jspwiki/Login.jsp - No

RE: Closed

Posted by Xiaoming Yang <xi...@ctsu.ox.ac.uk>.

RE: Closed

Posted by Rolf Schumacher <ro...@august.de>.
Yes, understand, Xiaoming.

RE: Closed

Posted by Xiaoming Yang <xi...@ctsu.ox.ac.uk>.
Hi, Rolf,

The easiest way to solve your problem is to simply give 'view' right to 'All' as below.

grant principal org.apache.wiki.auth.authorize.Role "All" {
       permission org.apache.wiki.auth.permissions.PagePermission "*:Main", "view";
//    permission org.apache.wiki.auth.permissions.WikiPermission "*", "editPreferences";
//    permission org.apache.wiki.auth.permissions.WikiPermission "*", "editProfile";
    permission org.apache.wiki.auth.permissions.WikiPermission "*", "login";
};

Regards,
Xiaoming

RE: Closed

Posted by Rolf Schumacher <ro...@august.de>.

RE: Closed

Posted by Xiaoming Yang <xi...@ctsu.ox.ac.uk>.

RE: Closed

Posted by Rolf Schumacher <ro...@august.de>.

RE: Closed

Posted by Xiaoming Yang <xi...@ctsu.ox.ac.uk>.
Hi Rolf,

It is quite easy to create your own policy. For example, here is my policy, which only allow Authenticated users to use the wiki.

/--------------

grant principal org.apache.wiki.auth.authorize.Role "All" {
    permission org.apache.wiki.auth.permissions.WikiPermission "*", "login";
};

grant principal org.apache.wiki.auth.authorize.Role "Anonymous" {
};

grant principal org.apache.wiki.auth.authorize.Role "Asserted" {
};

grant principal org.apache.wiki.auth.authorize.Role "Authenticated" {
    permission org.apache.wiki.auth.permissions.PagePermission "*:*", "view,modify,rename";
    permission org.apache.wiki.auth.permissions.GroupPermission "*:*", "view";
    permission org.apache.wiki.auth.permissions.GroupPermission "*:<groupmember>", "edit";
    permission org.apache.wiki.auth.permissions.WikiPermission "*", "createPages,createGroups";
};

Regards,

Xiaoming