Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by monstereo <me...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/13 13:22:38 UTC

Ignite instance with provided name doesn't exist. Did you call Ignition.start(..) to start an Ignite instance?

I have started Ignite node with
igniteConfiguration.setIgniteInstanceName("sample");

now,i want to get instance of this 'sample' node

here is the main app(assume that sample is node is running)

public static void main(String[] args) throws IgniteCheckedException {

        System.out.println(Ignition.ignite("sample").toString());

    }

But gives me the error 'Ignite instance with provided name doesn't exist.
Did you call Ignition.start(..) to start an Ignite instance?'

even if, i could see that  'Ignite node started OK (id=e27694f2, instance
name=sample)'

Re: Ignite instance with provided name doesn't exist. Did you call Ignition.start(..) to start an Ignite instance?

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

You need to start a node in that process (client or server) to communicate
with stand-alone node.

You can only reference Ignite nodes in local Java process by name.

Ilya Kasnacheev