Posted to user@kudu.apache.org by "wangjiaxi@ehuatai.com" <wa...@ehuatai.com> on 2018/07/12 03:16:21 UTC

Deleting from kudu table issue

Hi there !
I'm facing a problem while using kudu with impala .I run a SQL script on impala which includes  these operations :
1.Delete from odata_uat.od_policy_fee ;
2.insert into odata_uat.od_policy_fee select * from odata_uat.od_policy_fee_his;
When i'm doing the second step to insert data into the table which is supposed to be empty,a warning comes :

WARNINGS: Key already present in Kudu table 'impala::odata_uat.od_policy_fee'. (1 of 538 similar)

which means I lost 1 record from odata_uat.od_policy_fee_his .This happens occasionally  and I dunno what cause .
environment: CDH 5.12.0    kudu  1.4.0 I have 1 kudu master with 16 cores and 128g RAM each, 4 TServers with 16 cores with 256g RAM each.how can I fix this or avoid it .Thanks !Best regards .

wang jiaxi

Re: Deleting from kudu table issue

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Are you sure that the primary keys of the data that you are inserting are
actually unique? You will see this error if your dataset has duplicates for
that column.

Perhaps you can share "show create table odata_uat.od_policy_fee;"?

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera