Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Steinar Bang <sb...@dod.no> on 2018/01/11 22:35:04 UTC

How to start and immediately stop karaf?

How I start karaf and stop it immediately after it has started?

The platform is karaf 4.1.4 on debian GNU/linux, on amd64.
The karaf is unpacked from a tarball.

The reason I want to do start and stop karaf, is to modify the etc files
that are touched by a startup, so that they get the exact same md5
checksum they get after karaf has modified them, before I package up
karaf to become a .deb package.

I'm trying to improve my deb package and the /etc/karaf files showed up
as modified, even though I hadn't touched them.

I eventually figured out that it was karaf touching them.  Some are
changed a little (they get a lf at the end of the last line), and some
are changed more.

That the date changes doesn't change the files' behaviour in a .deb
package.  But the content changing (and therefore the md5 checksum
changing) affects the behaviour.

Re: How to start and immediately stop karaf?

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
The better way would be to create a custom distro. As far as I know you can
create the etc files at build time this way.

Christian

> How I start karaf and stop it immediately after it has started?
>
> The platform is karaf 4.1.4 on debian GNU/linux, on amd64.
> The karaf is unpacked from a tarball.
>
> The reason I want to do start and stop karaf, is to modify the etc files
> that are touched by a startup, so that they get the exact same md5
> checksum they get after karaf has modified them, before I package up
> karaf to become a .deb package.
>
> I'm trying to improve my deb package and the /etc/karaf files showed up
> as modified, even though I hadn't touched them.
>
> I eventually figured out that it was karaf touching them.  Some are
> changed a little (they get a lf at the end of the last line), and some
> are changed more.
>
> That the date changes doesn't change the files' behaviour in a .deb
> package.  But the content changing (and therefore the md5 checksum
> changing) affects the behaviour.

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Computer Scientist