Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by sbalac <sh...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/03 14:35:52 UTC

[TRINIDAD] Column height distorted on validation error

Hi all,
Sorry if that subject was a bit criptic, but I'm having an issue with the
trinidad UI. I am using trinidad 1.0.7. Currently i have some input
components laid out in a panel form layout with 2 columns.
The issue I am seeing is that when i have a validation failure (client
side), the space between the input field and the one underneath it grows for
all fields that have error messages defined. For example

Before validation:
*Label 11  [____3sjdfs_____]            Label 12  [_________________]
*Label 21  [______________]            Label 22  [_________________]
  Label 31  [______________]            Label 32  [_________________]

Both Label 11 and 21 have validation messages defined in the jspx (hence the
*). After i hit submit, the client side validation fails because label 21 is
required but empty. However the form layout is completely altered:

*Label 11  [____3sjdfs_____]            Label 12  [_________________]
                                                   Label 22
   * Label 21 is sooo required

So i hope that makes sense. Basically, there is an extra space under Label
11 even though input 11 does not fail validation. However all the fields on
the second column (12, 22, 32) are all spaced correctly vertically because
they do no have validation messages defined in the jspx.

Has anybody faced this issue, and if so, do you know of a solution?

Thanks a lot.