Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Vincent-Olivier Arsenault <vi...@up4c.com> on 2003/03/06 01:35:17 UTC

XHTML Output Format

Hi all!

I have always been using the "org.apache.xml.serialize" package to
output my SAX stream.

Until today, I was using the Method.HTML output format. I tried to
switch to Method.HTML, but since the script  tags are not serialized as
CDATA (I have lots of inline dynamic scripts), it makes it unusable.

I tried everything :
String[] elements =  {"script", "style"};
OutputFormat lOutputFormat = new OutputFormat(Method.XHTML, null, false);
lOutputFormat.setDoctype("-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN",
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd");
lOutputFormat.setOmitXMLDeclaration(false);
lOutputFormat.setOmitDocumentType(false);
lOutputFormat.setPreserveSpace(true);
lOutputFormat.setNonEscapingElements(elements);
lOutputFormat.setCDataElements(elements);
SerializerFactory lSerializerFactory =
SerializerFactory.getSerializerFactory(lOutputFormat.getMethod());
Serializer lSerializer = lSerializerFactory.makeSerializer(lOutputFormat);
lSerializer.setOutputByteStream(iOutputStream);

Anybody has an idea?

thanks,

v-o