Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Zhang, Lisheng" <Li...@BroadVision.com> on 2010/06/24 19:51:46 UTC

Could multiple indexers change same collections at the same time?

Hi,

I remembered I tested earlier lucene 1.4 and 2.4, and found the following:

# it is OK for multiple searchers to search the same collection.

# it is OK for one IndexerWriter to edit and multiple searchers to search
   at the same time.

# it is generally NOT OK for multiple IndexerWriter to change same collection
   at the same time.

Could you confirm briefly if above are true and give me Yes/No answer whether
in latest lucene 3x above conclusions are still OK?

Thanks very much for helps, Lisheng

Re: Could multiple indexers change same collections at the same time?

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
Yes, all of that still applies to Lucene 3x and 4x, and is unlikely to
change any time soon.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com