Posted to iot@apache.org by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de> on 2020/04/21 08:01:22 UTC

(Industrial) IoT with Open Source - an Overview

Hi folks,

this evening I will give a talk at the Stuttgart Industry 4.0 Meetup which is currently Online only about Open Source and IoT.
And the talk will be in english. So everybody who is interested can freely join : )

Find all details here: https://www.meetup.com/de-DE/Stuttgart-Industrie-4-0-und-IoT-Meetup/events/mxsmnqybcgbcc/

A short summary is:
"In the recent years a large ecosystem of projects around (I)IoT is grown in the Open Source Communities. Ranging from projects that help to connect devices like Apache PLC4X or Eclipse Californium over projects that help building digital twins like Eclipse Ditto, store massive amounts of device data like Apache IoTDB up to projects that help to scale the solutions to millions of devices and still keep operations simple like Eclipse Hawkbit or Eclipse IoFog. I will try to give an overview over many of these projects, how they relate and how they can be combined to build up a really full stack to easily start your own (I)IoT solution."

Best
Julian