Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jorge Medina <jm...@e-dialog.com> on 2009/02/10 21:37:52 UTC

Clustering: Session replication

Hi,
    I am trying to configure session replication using the <Cluster>
object.
    The documentation says:
       "The IP broadcasted is
java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostAddress()
        (make sure you don't broadcast 127.0.0.1, this is a common
error)"

    I just wrote a small java program to see what my system return for
java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostAddress()
    It returns 127.0.0.1

    Is this something that needs to be changed by modifying the network
configuration of the box?

-Jorge

Re: Clustering: Session replication

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
For each Tomcat

set

<Receiver address="your-ip-goes-here" ... />

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/cluster-receiver.html

that way you broad cast your-ip-goes-here instead.

alternatively, setup your hostname properly, and make sure the hostname
resolves to the IP address, and not 127.0.0.1

Filip