Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Joerg Reuter <jo...@c-lab.de> on 2000/12/01 15:39:58 UTC

Apache + mod_perl + mod_ssl + mod_frontpage on Solaris 2.7

Hi,
I'm trying to set up apache_1.3.14 with mod_frontpage-1.4.1-1.3.14, mod_perl-1.24_01, mod_ssl-2.7.1-1.3.14 on a Sun Ultra 60 with Solaris 2.7, using gcc 2.95.1, perl 5.6.0.
I assemble the pieces in this order:
- Frontpage Extensions
- mod_ssl
- mod_frontpage
- mod_perl
- Apache (with test certificate)
Compilation seems to run without problems, but I can't get it to run afterwards: Sometimes the httpds are started, but crash with a segmentation fault when they receive a request, sometimes they crash right after they are started by apachectl,
without a trace in the logfiles (at Loglevel debug!).
Without mod_perl (only mod_ssl, mod_frontpage), everything was fine, that's why I'm posting to this list.
Can anyone give me a hint what went wrong here? May it be a 32/ 64- Bit problem, wrong libraries, or whatever?
Thanks for your support!

Ciao,
   Joerg

--
                                                      \
 _____________________________________________________)\

Re: Apache + mod_perl + mod_ssl + mod_frontpage on Solaris 2.7

Posted by Rafael Caceres <rc...@aasa.com.pe>.
Hi Joerg,

I have essentially the same mix functioning for several months on Digital
Unix. The assembly order was:
openssl
mod_ssl
mod_perl
frontpage
apply frontpage patch to apache
apache

I guess the order of the patches affects the result if a 'following' patch
is made after a line that was already modified by a 'previous' patch (in
the list of assembly, that is).

Hope it helps.

Rafael Caceres
Information Systems Manager