Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org> on 2016/02/04 15:18:28 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Flink 0.10.2 (RC1)

Dear Flink community,

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Flink version
0.10.2.

Shared document to coordinate testing:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oCOHwHwZNjHb7MX-qLvA61akEBOAxSIYo53MoygUqxQ/

The commit to be voted on:
3fcb91641118ba362b29a55e9102539e96852172

Branch:
release-0.10.2-rc1 (see
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf/flink/?p=flink.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/release-0.10.2-rc1
)

The release artifacts to be voted on can be found at:
http://people.apache.org/~uce/flink-0.10.2-rc1/

The release artifacts are signed with the key with fingerprint 9D403309:
http://www.apache.org/dist/flink/KEYS

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1060

The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
three +1 PMC votes are cast.

The vote ends on Monday February 8, 2016 (I'm counting the weekend as a
single day).

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Flink 0.10.2

===================================

The following commits have been added since the 0.10.1 release:

* 0c8a9ce - [hotfix, yarn] Exit JVM after YARN actor system shut down (18
hours ago) <Ufuk Celebi>
* e5b1910 - [contrib, storm] Forward Kryo registrations to Flink (24 hours
ago) <Ufuk Celebi>
* 602151f - [CLI] Set current class loader to user-class loader and disable
class initialization. Enalbes submission of Flink programs written in
Clojure. (24 hours ago) <mjsax>
* bef39f8 - [FLINK-3242] Adjust StateBackendITCase for 0.10 signatures of
state backends (7 days ago) <Stephan Ewen>
* 2aeb6fa - [FLINK-3242] Also Set User-specified StateBackend without
Checkpointing (7 days ago) <Aljoscha Krettek>
* dfeee23 - [hotfix] Use AccumulatorSnapshot's class loader for
deserializing accumulators (3 weeks ago) <Prez Cannady>
* 2d7f0b1 - [FLINK-3236] [runtime] Flink user code classloader as parent
classloader from Flink core classes (3 weeks ago) <Prez Cannady>
* d09a833 - [FLINK-2962] Cluster startup script refers to unused variable
(3 weeks ago) <Ufuk Celebi>
* 66dd32d - [FLINK-3151] [runtime] Downgrade to Netty version 4.0.27.Final
(3 weeks ago) <Ufuk Celebi>
* a726da6 - [FLINK-3224] [DataStream] Call setInputType() on output formats
that implement InputTypeConfigurable (3 weeks ago) <Nick Dimiduk>
* e6e0fd9 - [FLINK-3218] Fix overriding of user parameters when merging
Hadoop configurations (3 weeks ago) <Greg Hogan>
* ab2f14a - [FLINK-3189] Fix argument parsing of CLI client INFO action (3
weeks ago) <mjsax>
* 1d05dbe - [docs] set version to 0.10.1 (4 weeks ago) <Robert Metzger>
* 06a87f2 - [docs] Add "Iterator Data Sink" section to DataStream guide. (4
weeks ago) <Filipe Correia>
* 6176248 - [javaDocs] Fix JavaDoc examples in tumbling and sliding time
windows (4 weeks ago) <vasia>
* 9feac5a - [FLINK-3176] Improve documentation for window apply (4 weeks
ago) <rtudoran>
* f2de5f7 - [FLINK-3185] [runtime, tests] Log error on failure during
recovery (6 weeks ago) <Ufuk Celebi>
* d8eb1d8 - [FLINK-3185] [tests] Don't swallow test failure Exception (6
weeks ago) <Ufuk Celebi>
* 85804c0 - [FLINK-3147] Expose HadoopOutputFormatBase fields as protected
(7 weeks ago) <Nick Dimiduk>
* f978030 - [FLINK-3145][storm] pin Kryo version of transitive dependencies
(8 weeks ago) <Maximilian Michels>
* f3f2ced - [FLINK-3143] update Closure Cleaner's ASM references to ASM5 (8
weeks ago) <Maximilian Michels>
* bf9caa5 - [FLINK-3136] Fix shaded imports in ClosureCleaner.scala (8
weeks ago) <Aljoscha Krettek>
* 9268514 - [FLINK-3108] [java] JoinOperator's with() calls the wrong
TypeExtractor method (8 weeks ago) <twalthr>
* a368221 - [FLINK-3125] [web dashboard] Web server starts also when
JobManager log files cannot be accessed. (9 weeks ago) <Stephan Ewen>
* 319e180 - [docs] Fix TumblingTimeWindows.of(AbstractTime) examples (9
weeks ago) <Ufuk Celebi>
* 33efba6 - [docs] Add import statements to DataStream example programs
(Java/Scala) (9 weeks ago) <Ufuk Celebi>
* 2afe600 - [hotfix] [docs] Fix errors in streaming docs for fold() (9
weeks ago) <Stephan Ewen>
* 789728c - [docs] change signature of fold operation (9 weeks ago)
<Maximilian Michels>
* b8fa5b8 - [FLINK-3080] Relax restrictions of DataStream.union() (9 weeks
ago) <Aljoscha Krettek>
* 961adea - [FLINK-3081] Properly stop periodic Kafka committer (10 weeks
ago) <Robert Metzger>
* d6e118b - [FLINK-3082] Fixed confusing error about an interface that no
longer exists (10 weeks ago) <Niels Basjes>
* 16e5ab0 - [docs][hotfix] Fix wrong window definitions in the docs (2
months ago) <Robert Metzger>
* efbfc6a - [docs] Fix typos in streaming documentation (2 months ago)
<Till Rohrmann>
* 0b6adc4 - [FLINK-3067] Enforce zkclient 0.7 for Kafka (2 months ago)
<Robert Metzger>
* 86b6605 - [docs, setup] Add missing parenthesis (2 months ago) <Ufuk
Celebi>
* 99d99a9 - [docs, setup] Add note about (task|job)manager scripts (2
months ago) <Ufuk Celebi>
* f963425 - [FLINK-3020][streaming] set number of task slots to maximum
parallelism in local execution (2 months ago) <Maximilian Michels>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flink 0.10.2 (RC1)

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.
> On 08 Feb 2016, at 15:13, Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> -1 (binding)
>
> the quickstart for 0.10.2 has the Flink version set to 0.10-SNAPSHOT, not
> to 0.10.2.
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1060/org/apache/flink/flink-quickstart-java/0.10.2/flink-quickstart-java-0.10.2.jar
>
> The same applies to the 0.10.2-hadoop1 version:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1060/org/apache/flink/flink-quickstart-java_2.11/0.10.2-hadoop1/
>

> The jar of the 0.10.1 release is correct:
> http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/apache/flink/flink-quickstart-java/0.10.1/flink-quickstart-java-0.10.1.jar
>
> Good checks:
> - Source archive is free of binaries
> - the flink-dist jar doesn't contain guava

Yes, that’s a blocker. I will create another RC.

– Ufuk

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flink 0.10.2 (RC1)

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
-1 (binding)

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)