Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by rajath rajagopal <ra...@hotmail.com> on 2007/05/24 04:51:58 UTC

ARABIC internationalization in Jetspeed-2

Hi,

I would like to implement internationalization in Jetspeed-2 in Arabic
(right aligned) language.
Requirements are

1) For Arabic, portlets that are seen on the left side for English, should
appear on the right side of the Portal page and vice versa.

2) Title shown in the portlet title bar should also be changed to
Arabic/English based on user language.

Does Jetspeed-2 support Arabic internationalization ?
How can these requirments be implemented in Jetspeed-2 ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,
Rajath.

Re: ARABIC internationalization in Jetspeed-2

Posted by Shinsuke Sugaya <su...@n2sm.net>.
rajath rajagopal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to implement internationalization in Jetspeed-2 in Arabic
> (right aligned) language.
> Requirements are
>
> 1) For Arabic, portlets that are seen on the left side for English,
> should appear on the right side of the Portal page and vice versa.
>
> 2) Title shown in the portlet title bar should also be changed to
> Arabic/English based on user language.
>
> Does Jetspeed-2 support Arabic internationalization ?

J2 does not support rtl text.

> How can these requirments be implemented in Jetspeed-2 ?

To support it, you need to modify .vm template files
under decorations directory.

> Thanks for your help in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Rajath.

Shinsuke Sugaya
N2SM, Inc.
sugaya@n2sm.net
Tel: +81-3-5225-0905/Fax: +81-3-5225-0906
Next Networking, Solution and Merchandising