Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au> on 2007/03/06 12:35:17 UTC

RE: copyright example : was (svn commit: r514362 )

And before I commit, I'll put it back to 2002, for the other info:-

              <copyright>
                <year inception="true">2002</year>
                <vendor>An Example Organisation.</vendor>
                <copyright-link>http://www.example.org/</copyright-link>
              </copyright>

Is that ok, the page exists with a default test message

Or for copyright we could have

<copyright-link>http://www.example.org/license</copyright-link>

Or

<copyright-link>http://www.example.org/copyright</copyright-link>

And are guaranteed to give a 404.

What is the preferred outcome?

Gav...

Re: copyright example : was (svn commit: r514362 )

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Gav.... wrote:

> And before I commit, I'll put it back to 2002, for the other info:-
>
>               <copyright>
>                 <year inception="true">2002</year>
>                 <vendor>An Example Organisation.</vendor>
>                 <copyright-link>http://www.example.org/</copyright-link>
>               </copyright>
>
> Is that ok, the page exists with a default test message
>
> Or for copyright we could have
>
> <copyright-link>http://www.example.org/license</copyright-link>
>
> Or
>
> <copyright-link>http://www.example.org/copyright</copyright-link>
>
> And are guaranteed to give a 404.
>
> What is the preferred outcome?

I reckon the former because otherwise site maintainers will
get broken links reported when they run a LinkAlarm-type tool.

-David