Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Norbert Kalmar <nk...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2018/11/05 20:24:52 UTC

asfgit commenting on PRs

Hi all,

One of the recent development was that asfgit now comments on the PRs every
successful builds.
But we do have the same information under "Show all checks". (This might be
gone after closing the PR though).

I wouldn't mind the extra commit, but on github, in
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pulls, we have multiple comments
showing under every PR. Before this, for me at least, I used this to
quickly identify the PRs which haven't been reviewed by anyone (having 0 or
1 comments). Or to see quickly if something is getting a lot of attention
lately, or getting updates etc.

This was a convenient thing for me, of course not a feature I can't live
without. I just wanted to ask other devs view on this.

So, what's your view? :)

Regards,
Norbert

Re: asfgit commenting on PRs

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il lun 5 nov 2018, 21:28 Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org> ha scritto:

> I also feel the comments redundant.
> Enrico - shall we remove this?

I will check, it should be a flag on job config

Enrico

> Andor
>

> > On 2018. Nov 5., at 12:24, Norbert Kalmar <nk...@cloudera.com.INVALID>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > One of the recent development was that asfgit now comments on the PRs
> every
> > successful builds.
> > But we do have the same information under "Show all checks". (This might
> be
> > gone after closing the PR though).
> >
> > I wouldn't mind the extra commit, but on github, in
> > https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pulls, we have multiple comments
> > showing under every PR. Before this, for me at least, I used this to
> > quickly identify the PRs which haven't been reviewed by anyone (having 0
> or
> > 1 comments). Or to see quickly if something is getting a lot of attention
> > lately, or getting updates etc.
> >
> > This was a convenient thing for me, of course not a feature I can't live
> > without. I just wanted to ask other devs view on this.
> >
> > So, what's your view? :)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Norbert
>
> --