Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Dan Kirkwood <da...@apache.org> on 2016/12/05 22:48:49 UTC

Apache license in source files

Hi all..     We haven't really established a process for this,  but to
keep in compliance with Apache license guidelines,  each source file
should have the Apache license comment -- normally at the head of the
file, but I think that's somewhat flexible.

Still going thru files adding them,  but when any new files get added,
they really should have that header in them already.

What do you all think of establishing a guideline that any PR is not
merged until the license is present in each source file added?

-dan

Re: Apache license in source files

Posted by Dan Kirkwood <da...@apache.org>.
Hey, Dave..  no finger pointing here..   We hadn't established any
guidelines yet,  so figured it was time to bring it up...

I had a PR myself yesterday that did the same thing...

We're getting there!!

-dan

Posted by David Neuman <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Kirkwood <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Leif,

There's a .rat-excludes in the PR I posted today
(https://github.com/apache/incubator-trafficcontrol/pull/121) -- I'm
sure it's too liberal, but wanted to make sure we don't go backward..

-dan

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.