Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by "Channappa, Prabhuprasad" <PC...@mgmmirage.com> on 2008/02/15 21:52:59 UTC

Urgent Help

 Iam new to Service Mix and Maven.

  I have installed ServiceMix3.2.1 and Maven 2.08, trying to develop
application from tutorial
http://servicemix.apache.org/22-beginner-creating-our-first-su-module.ht
ml.

   When I run the command mvn archetype:create
-DarchetypeArtifactId=servicemix-service-unit
-DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.servicemix.tooling
-DartifactId=tutorial-file-su

 [INFO] Scanning for projects...

[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.

[INFO]

[INFO] Building ServiceMix :: Samples :: WSDL first

[INFO]    task-segment: [archetype:create] (aggregator-style)

[INFO]

[INFO] Preparing archetype:create

[INFO] No goals needed for project - skipping

[INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class =>
'org.codehaus.plexus

.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.

[INFO] Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.

[INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.

[INFO] Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.

[INFO] [archetype:create]

[WARNING] Specified archetype not found.( why it is telling archetype
not found)

Choose archetype:

1: internal -> appfuse-basic-jsf (AppFuse archetype for creating a web
applicati

on with Hibernate, Spring and JSF)

2: internal -> appfuse-basic-spring (AppFuse archetype for creating a
web applic

ation with Hibernate, Spring and Spring MVC)

3: internal -> appfuse-basic-struts (AppFuse archetype for creating a
web applic

ation with Hibernate, Spring and Struts 2)

4: internal -> appfuse-basic-tapestry (AppFuse archetype for creating a
web appl

ication with Hibernate, Spring and Tapestry 4)

5: internal -> appfuse-core (AppFuse archetype for creating a jar
application wi

th Hibernate and Spring and XFire)

6: internal -> appfuse-modular-jsf (AppFuse archetype for creating a
modular app

lication with Hibernate, Spring and JSF)

7: internal -> appfuse-modular-spring (AppFuse archetype for creating a
modular

application with Hibernate, Spring and Spring MVC)

8: internal -> appfuse-modular-struts (AppFuse archetype for creating a
modular

application with Hibernate, Spring and Struts 2)

9: internal -> appfuse-modular-tapestry (AppFuse archetype for creating
a modula

r application with Hibernate, Spring and Tapestry 4)

10: internal -> maven-archetype-j2ee-simple (A simple J2EE Java
application)

11: internal -> maven-archetype-marmalade-mojo (A Maven plugin
development proje

ct using marmalade)

12: internal -> maven-archetype-mojo (A Maven Java plugin development
project)

13: internal -> maven-archetype-portlet (A simple portlet application)

14: internal -> maven-archetype-profiles ()

15: internal -> maven-archetype-quickstart ()

16: internal -> maven-archetype-site-simple (A simple site generation
project)

17: internal -> maven-archetype-site (A more complex site project)

18: internal -> maven-archetype-webapp (A simple Java web application)

19: internal -> struts2-archetype-starter (A starter Struts 2
application with S

itemesh, DWR, and Spring)

20: internal -> struts2-archetype-blank (A minimal Struts 2 application)

21: internal -> struts2-archetype-portlet (A minimal Struts 2
application that c

an be deployed as a portlet)

22: internal -> struts2-archetype-dbportlet (A starter Struts 2 portlet
that dem

onstrates a simple CRUD interface with db backing)

23: internal -> struts2-archetype-plugin (A Struts 2 plugin)

24: internal -> shale-archetype-blank (A blank Shale web application
with JSF)

25: internal -> maven-adf-archetype (Archetype to ease the burden of
creating a

new application based with ADF)

26: internal -> data-app (A new Databinder application with sources and
resource

s.)

27: internal -> jini-service-archetype (Archetype for Jini service
project creat

ion)

28: internal -> softeu-archetype-seam (JSF+Facelets+Seam Archetype)

29: internal -> softeu-archetype-seam-simple (JSF+Facelets+Seam (no
persistence)

 Archetype)

30: internal -> softeu-archetype-jsf (JSF+Facelets Archetype)

31: internal -> jpa-maven-archetype (JPA application)

32: internal -> spring-osgi-bundle-archetype (Spring-OSGi archetype)

33: internal -> confluence-plugin-archetype (Atlassian Confluence plugin
archety

pe)

34: internal -> maven-archetype-har (Hibernate Archive)

35: internal -> maven-archetype-sar (JBoss Service Archive)

36: internal -> wicket-archetype-quickstart (A simple Apache Wicket
project)

Choose a number:
(1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/20/21/22/23/2

4/25/26/27/28/29/30/31/32/33/34/35/36):

So what should I select, but in tutorial the output is different
.......................... please help me in resolving this issue

Re: Help Needed

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 2:25 PM, Channappa, Prabhuprasad
<PC...@mgmmirage.com> wrote:
> Hi, Iam new to Service Mix 3.2.1 and Maven.
>
>  Please help me in getting a tutorial to develop service mix component
>  which lookup an external web service(existing web service).

Please do not email people directly. Sending the message to the
mailing list is sufficient.

First off, have you read the What is JBI document and everything
linked to it that is available here:

http://servicemix.apache.org/what-is-jbi.html

This is the first place to start so that you have a base understanding
of ServiceMix. After that I would suggest walking through some of the
tutorials here:

http://servicemix.apache.org/tutorials.html

There isn't a tutorial yet that will show you specifically how to call
out to an external web service, but they will help you become familiar
with how to use ServiceMix and develop service units and service
assemblies for it.

To develop a service that proxies to an external web service, you'll
need to develop a service unit that configures the servicemix-cxf-bc
component to do this. Below is an example of the xbean.xml file
configuration to do this:

<beans xmlns:cxfbc="http://servicemix.apache.org/cxfbc/1.0"
       xmlns:ns1="http://example.com">

  <cxfbc:consumer
    wsdl="http://www.example.com/path/to/wsdl"
    targetService="ns1:StockQuotes"
    targetEndpoint="StockQuotesSoap"
    targetInterface="ns1:StockQuotesSoap">
  </cxfbc:consumer>

  <cxfbc:provider
    wsdl="http://www.example.com/path/to/wsdl"
    locationURI="http://www.example.com/path/to/external/web/service/"
    service="ns1:StockQuotes"
    endpoint="StockQuotesSoap"
    interfaceName="ns1:StockQuotesSoap">
  </cxfbc:provider>

</beans>

The configuration above forwards any message sent to the
cxfbc:consumer to the cxfbc:provider which proxies those messages to
the external web service that is notied in the locationURI attribute.

Hope that helps.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Help Needed

Posted by "Channappa, Prabhuprasad" <PC...@mgmmirage.com>.

Urgent Help

Posted by "Channappa, Prabhuprasad" <PC...@mgmmirage.com>.
Hi Iam new to service mix.
I have downloaded Servicemix3.2.1 and maven 2.08, I have build sample
examples which are working fine.
I need to build a component which request web service (wsdl) and logs
the response (xsd).
Any tutorial matches this requirement?? Please help me....

Re: Urgent Help

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
L.S.,

With any other version of the archetype plugin, it would have been set.
For now, you'll have to specify all this when the archetype process
prompts you for it instead of specifying it on the command line.  Just
fill in any information the archetype asks you and you should be fine...

Gert

RE: Urgent Help

Posted by "Channappa, Prabhuprasad" <PC...@mgmmirage.com>.
Gert,