Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io> on 2016/03/03 07:02:54 UTC

In preparation for Apache Geode - looking for topic leads for Geode Features Discussions

Dear Apache Geode Contributors,
I've spoken to a number of you 1:1 and we have enough willing folks to
create a new series at Geode Summit that we can stream virtually, in the
same way we run Geode Clubhouse meetings.

The idea is to hold 30 minute deep dive discussions about current, half
done, and proposed features of Apache Geode.  Any of the specifications on
the wiki are fair game:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Project+Proposals+and+Specifications

If you have any new ideas, we'll consider those as well if you are prepared
to lead a discussion about it.

If you are leading a discussion, you do not need to be present at Geode
Summit/  If you would like to attend, I'll arrange for you to get speakers
pass.  You can also lead virtually since we'll be using Adobe Connect to
extend the meeting to anyone.

Current ideas and topic leaders, if any include:

   - Edin Zulich for current and future off heap storage
   - Sabby Anandan discussing Spring Data Flow and Geode
   - John Blum discussing future of spring data gemfire API
   - Redis to Geode Adaptor (needs leader)
   - Low hanging fruit for new contributors (needs leader)

We can start the meetings as early as 1PM and should finish by 4PM PST.
These would be 30 minute slots, but if they go faster, no big deal.  We
break until the next scheduled slot.

So this means we can cover 3 more topics in addition to the 3 we have
leaders for.

Meetings will be recorded, but the end result should be to update the wiki
specifications, and then call a vote on the newsgroups.

We'll discuss this in real time briefly in tomorrow's Geode Clubhouse

--
Greg Chase

Global Head, Big Data Communities
http://www.pivotal.io/big-data

Pivotal Software
http://www.pivotal.io/

650-215-0477
@GregChase
Blog: http://geekmarketing.biz/

Re: In preparation for Apache Geode - looking for topic leads for Geode Features Discussions

Posted by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io>.
Nitin, thanks so much for stepping up to do that!

Posted by Nitin Lamba <ni...@ampool.io>.

Posted by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Swapnil Bawaskar <sb...@pivotal.io>.