Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "B.Sridhar" <bs...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/10 07:49:00 UTC

ClientAbortException..urgent

Hi

I am writing a struts appliction  to download a file that is on the server.
When the user clicks the download button, its displaying the open,save
cancel window. Everything is working fine for files of small sizes ie. less
than 50 kb..but if the file size is mor and when I click cancel  its
displaying a ClientAbort Exception.

ClientAbortException: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer:
socket write error
Oct 9, 2006 11:08:25 AM org.apache.struts.action

--
B.Sridhar

Re: ClientAbortException..urgent

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
That's not really specific to file size, or even Java in general.
The root of this exception stems from the lifecycle of an http request.

When a browser makes a request, the connection is maintained until
the server completes the bytes it told the browser it was going to
send.  If you hit stop on *any* request before it is finished, you
may or may not see this exception in the logs.

To summarize, I wouldn't worry too much about this, there's nothing
you can do to prevent it, that's just one of the quirks with web
servers and clients.

--
James Mitchell
678.910.8017