Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Carlos Piqueres Ayela <cp...@tissat.es> on 2001/04/26 08:28:58 UTC

jsp version supported

Hi everybody,

When we try to use in the jsp:include with flush set to false tomcat
says that JSP1.0 only allows this value to true. Nevertheless Tomcat 3.2
is supposed to support JSP1.1 where this value can be set to false.

Is it any bug or am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks in advance.
Carlos.

Re: jsp version supported

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Carlos Piqueres Ayela wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> When we try to use in the jsp:include with flush set to false tomcat
> says that JSP1.0 only allows this value to true. Nevertheless Tomcat 3.2
> is supposed to support JSP1.1 where this value can be set to false.
>
> Is it any bug or am I misunderstanding something?

The latter.  JSP 1.1 still requires the include attribute to be
"true".  JSP 1.2 (proposed final draft), which is supported by Tomcat 4.0,
allows the include attribute to be "false".

> Thanks in advance.
> Carlos.

Craig