Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Norman Franke <no...@myasd.com> on 2010/10/26 01:32:22 UTC

Maven Issues

I had a working Tapestry 5.1 project. I restarted Eclipse, and now
Maven won't include the tapestry JARs when running my app using the
jetty plugin. Everything compiles fine, but running it leads to a
class not found for org.apache.tapestry5.TapestryFilter. I'm running
it in Tomcat from Eclipse. My old Tapestry 4 app works (non-Maven).

Exporting the app to a .WAR file fails to include any maven
dependency. Any ideas on what could have happened? I've tried updating
dependencies, purging the .m2 cache of tapestry JARs, and clearing the
tomcat directory. No difference. How can it compile and not run? It's
compiling from the Maven dependencies.

I haven't edited my pom.xml in like a year. I also have plenty of disk
space (>100GB). I'm rather baffled.

Norman Franke
Answering Service for Directors, Inc.
www.myasd.com

Re: Maven Issues

Posted by Norman Franke <no...@myasd.com>.
Turns out the "Maven Dependencies" under "Java EE Module
Dependencies" (under project properties) got unchecked. Very strange.
Then Eclipse also decided it had some error building the project, but
a F5 seems to have cleared that up, too. Thanks!

Re: Maven Issues

Posted by Norman Franke <no...@myasd.com>.
Here is my pom.xml:

<project
	xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd
"
	xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0
">
	<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
	<groupId>com.myasd</groupId>
	<artifactId>sales</artifactId>
	<version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
	<packaging>war</packaging>
	<name>sales Tapestry 5 Application</name>
	<dependencies>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.testng</groupId>
			<artifactId>testng</artifactId>
			<version>5.8</version>
			<classifier>jdk15</classifier>
			<scope>test</scope>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.easymock</groupId>
			<artifactId>easymock</artifactId>
			<version>2.4</version>
			<scope>test</scope>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
			<artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
			<version>2.5</version>
			<scope>provided</scope>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
			<artifactId>tapestry-hibernate</artifactId>
			<version>5.1.0.5</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>nu.localhost.tapestry</groupId>
			<artifactId>tapestry-spring-security</artifactId>
			<version>2.1.0</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
			<artifactId>spring</artifactId>
			<version>2.5.6.SEC01</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>log4j</groupId>
			<artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
			<version>1.2.14</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>hsqldb</groupId>
			<artifactId>hsqldb</artifactId>
			<version>1.8.0.7</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>spring</groupId>
			<artifactId>spring-webmvc</artifactId>
			<version>1.0.2</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>spring</groupId>
			<artifactId>spring-web</artifactId>
			<version>1.0.2</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
			<artifactId>tapestry-core</artifactId>
			<version>5.1.0.5</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>commons-configuration</groupId>
			<artifactId>commons-configuration</artifactId>
			<version>1.6</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>ognl</groupId>
			<artifactId>ognl</artifactId>
			<version>2.7.3</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
			<artifactId>hibernate-tools</artifactId>
			<version>3.2.3.GA</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>joda-time</groupId>
			<artifactId>joda-time</artifactId>
			<version>1.6</version>
		</dependency>

	</dependencies>
	<build>
		<finalName>sales</finalName>
		<plugins>
			<plugin>
				<configuration>
					<source>1.5</source>
					<target>1.5</target>
					<optimize>true</optimize>
				</configuration>
			</plugin>

			<!-- Run the application using "mvn jetty:run" -->
			<plugin>
				<groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
				<artifactId>maven-jetty-plugin</artifactId>
				<version>6.1.9</version>
				<configuration>
					<!-- Log to the console. -->
					<requestLog implementation="org.mortbay.jetty.NCSARequestLog">
						<!--
							This doesn't do anything for Jetty, but is a workaround for a
							Maven bug that prevents the requestLog from being set.
						-->
						<append>true</append>
					</requestLog>
				</configuration>
			</plugin>
		</plugins>
	</build>

	<reporting>
		<plugins>
			<plugin>
				<groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
				<artifactId>tapestry-component-report</artifactId>
				<version>${tapestry-release-version}</version>
				<configuration>
					<rootPackage>com.myasd.sales</rootPackage>
				</configuration>
			</plugin>
		</plugins>
	</reporting>

	<repositories>
		<repository>
			<id>codehaus.snapshots</id>
			<url>http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org</url>
		</repository>
		<repository>
			<id>OpenQA_Release</id>
			<name>OpenQA Release Repository</name>
			<url>http://archiva.openqa.org/repository/releases/</url>
		</repository>

		<repository>
			<id>localhost.nu</id>
			<url>http://www.localhost.nu/java/mvn</url>
		</repository>
	</repositories>

	<pluginRepositories>
	</pluginRepositories>

	<properties>
		<tapestry-release-version>5.1.0.5</tapestry-release-version>
	</properties>
</project>

Re: Maven Issues

Posted by Mark <ma...@xeric.net>.
You might try changing the version of tapestry (maybe to 5.1.0.4) and see if
it magically starts working.  It also might be worth trying to rename the
whole .m2 directory and letting Maven create a new one to see if that helps.

Also try running "maven clean".

I'm not sure if any of those will help, but they are worth a try.

mark

Re: Maven Issues

Posted by 9902468 <vi...@greenstreet.fi>.
Start by doing command line mvn clean install and verify the resulting jar.
If everything is ok I suspect that something is off with your eclipse.
(Perhaps it was updated?)

 - Ville