Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Alan Munday <sp...@brightheadtechnology.com> on 2004/10/05 01:18:40 UTC

Building SA3 on RH9

I've built a set of rpm's from the SA3 tar.gz

I've used yum for updates and have installed the perl modules which means I
have perl-Mail-SpamAssassin and spamassassin installed.

I have however not found perl(Parse::Syslog) or
perl(Statistics::Distributions) needed for spamassassin-tools.

I just wanted to check the best method of getting these modules as I know RH
can be a bit fussy and I want to avoid getting modules in the wrong part of
the perl tree.

Thanks

Alan

Re: Building SA3 on RH9

Posted by Ed Greshko <Ed...@greshko.com>.
On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 07:18, Alan Munday wrote:

> I have however not found perl(Parse::Syslog) or
> perl(Statistics::Distributions) needed for spamassassin-tools.
>
> I just wanted to check the best method of getting these modules as I know RH
> can be a bit fussy and I want to avoid getting modules in the wrong part of
> the perl tree.

I've found the use of cpan2rpm and then installing the modules using the
resulting rpms to work the best.

http://perl.arix.com/cpan2rpm/

--
"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never
actually known what the question is."

--The computer "Deep Thought" in "Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy"

Re: Building SA3 on RH9

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 12:18:40AM +0100, Alan Munday wrote:
> I have however not found perl(Parse::Syslog) or
> perl(Statistics::Distributions) needed for spamassassin-tools.

Unless you're planning to do development (and even then it's not needed), I
wouldn't bother with spamassassin-tools.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
Anyway, please don't anyone take offense at my free associations. Even