Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Wills Feng <xf...@appannie.com> on 2016/01/06 08:47:44 UTC

Re: opscenter doesn't work with cassandra 3.0

Hi, when I try to connect cassandra3.0 cluster in opscenter, I experienced
an error in opscenter log, see below:

''Control connection failed to connect, shutting down Cluster: ('Unable to
connect to any servers', {u'54.187.25.239': ProtocolError("Unexpected
response during Connection setup: ProtocolError('Server protocol version
(4) does not match the specified driver protocol version (2). Consider
setting Cluster.protocol_version to 4.',)",)})'

Looks like opscenter doesn't support cassandra 3.0? or what should I do to
fix this issue?

--
*This email may contain or reference confidential information and is
intended only for the individual to whom it is addressed.  Please refrain

Re: opscenter doesn't work with cassandra 3.0

Posted by Otis Gospodnetić <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:28 AM, Julien Anguenot <ju...@anguenot.org>
wrote:

> If you install the latest OpsCenter you will get a banner stating the
> policy changes and linking to:
>
>    http://docs.datastax.com/en/opscenter/5.2/opsc/opscPolicyChanges.html
>
> On our side, we decided to go with Sematext SPM to replace OpsCenter for
> our 2.1 cluster and thus be able to upgrade to 2.2.x and then 3.0.x before
> November this year.
>
>    https://sematext.com/spm/integrations/cassandra-monitoring.html
>
> The Cassandra integration is great and very easy to setup. They offer both
> SaaS and on-premises at a reasonable price.
>
> As well, they say it should work with Cassandra 3.0.x. (have not tested
> yet myself)

We just tested SPM with Cassandra 3.x -- it works, metrics are there, no
issues.  Looks like some old Cassandra metrics may no longer be available
(e.g. local reads and local writes), but everything else seems to be
there.  If you use SPM <http://sematext.com/spm/> with Cassandra 3.x and
see anything missing, just shout.

Otis

.

Posted by Julien Anguenot <ju...@anguenot.org>.
If you install the latest OpsCenter you will get a banner stating the policy changes and linking to:

   http://docs.datastax.com/en/opscenter/5.2/opsc/opscPolicyChanges.html

On our side, we decided to go with Sematext SPM to replace OpsCenter for our 2.1 cluster and thus be able to upgrade to 2.2.x and then 3.0.x before November this year.

   https://sematext.com/spm/integrations/cassandra-monitoring.html

The Cassandra integration is great and very easy to setup. They offer both SaaS and on-premises at a reasonable price.

As well, they say it should work with Cassandra 3.0.x. (have not tested yet myself)

   J.

> On Jan 26, 2016, at 7:19 AM, Hannu Kröger <hk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is it really like that? Where does this info come from? I haven’t seen anything “official" yet.
>
> Hannu
>
>> On 26 Jan 2016, at 15:07, <SEAN_R_DURITY@homedepot.com <ma...@homedepot.com>> <SEAN_R_DURITY@homedepot.com <ma...@homedepot.com>> wrote:
>>
>> This is a very strange move considering how well DataStax has supported open source Cassandra. I hope there is a reasonable and well-publicized explanation for this apparent change in direction.
>>

>> Sean Durity

USA +1.832.408.0344 <tel:+1.832.408.0344>
FR +33.7.86.85.70.44

Re: opscenter doesn't work with cassandra 3.0

Posted by Hannu Kröger <hk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by SE...@homedepot.com.

________________________________

Posted by George Sigletos <si...@textkernel.nl>.

Posted by Chris Lohfink <cl...@gmail.com>.
DataStax has a free program for startups
http://www.datastax.com/datastax-enterprise-for-startups

Posted by Alain RODRIGUEZ <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I can confirm that Sematext SPM is a working option for
monitoring Cassandra. I used it for 1+ year.

Their support is online most of the time, they are very friendly (starting
with Otis) and comprehensive (go discuss with them if the only issue is
pricing, you'll find a way) but overall competent. You can ask them for new
features you would like to have.

The product itself gives a lot of *relevant* informations out of the box.
The dashboards are already built and very helpful to tackle any issue. You
can install just an agent and you're all set.

Here is an Interview I did 1 year ago for planetcassandra about this topic:
http://www.planetcassandra.org/blog/interview/video-advertising-platform-teads-chose-cassandra-spm-and-opscenter-to-monitor-a-personalized-ad-experience/.
Hope it will be useful.

I have been out for 3 months, but my guess is the product has improved. I
was mainly missing the ring view from opscenter. This view is a cool view
to present Cassandra and also give an really quick and yet relevant view of
the C* cluster. Also, 2 DC = 2 app in Sematext, which is not terrible
compared to Opscenter.

Glad to see you around Otis,

C*heers,

-----------------