Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Abhijit Pawar <ab...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/07 22:57:23 UTC

SynonymFilterFactory needs bounce for every change

Hi,

I am using SynonymFilterFactory in my custom fieldType and I observed SOLR
picks up new synonyms from the synonyms.txt file only when I bounce the
server.
Is there something we can do to get the synonyms picked up without bouncing
server?

Also can we have synonyms defined for certain documents and not common to
all the documents indexed.?

Regards,

Abhijit

Re: SynonymFilterFactory needs bounce for every change

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
If this is SolrCloud, you should not use the core admin API, use the
collections API. FWIW.
Erick

Posted by Abhijit Pawar <ab...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Eric!