Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by surfer10 <ma...@mail.ru> on 2009/01/28 05:32:41 UTC

question about dismax and parentheses

Hello, dear members.
I'm a little bit confused about dismax syntax. as far as i know (and i might
be wrong) it supports default query language such as +WORD -WORD

What about parentheses ?

my title of doc consist of WORD1 WORD2 WORD3. when i'm trying to search
+WORD1 +(WORD2 WORD4) + WORD3 it does not match

how can i query for that?

also  could you please tell me ho can i search such construction as a
phrase?

Re: question about dismax and parentheses

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: seems to be i cant do this. so my question is transforming to following:
:
: can i join multiple dismax queries into one? for instance if i'm looking for
: +WORD1 +(WORD2 WORD3)
: it can be translated into +WORD1 +WORD2 and +WORD1 +WORD3 query

can it be done?  sure. you could do that in your client before sending the
query to solr, or you could write a little SearchComponent to do it on the
server side.

-Hoss

Re: question about dismax and parentheses

Posted by surfer10 <ma...@mail.ru>.
i found Hoss's explanations at
http://www.nabble.com/Dismax-and-Grouping-query-td12938168.html#a12938168

seems to be i cant do this. so my question is transforming to following:

can i join multiple dismax queries into one? for instance if i'm looking for
+WORD1 +(WORD2 WORD3)
it can be translated into +WORD1 +WORD2 and +WORD1 +WORD3 query

or can i joing standartRequestHandler queries to different fields into one?