Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by James Pirz <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/28 03:04:27 UTC

which high level Java client

Dear all,

I am interested in using Cassandra 1.1.1 in a read-intensive scenario,
where more than 95% of my operations are get().
I have a cluster with ~10 nodes,  around 15-20 GB of data on each, while in
the extreme case I expect to have 20-40 concurrent clients.

I am kind of confused about which high level java client should I use  ?
(Which one is the best/fastest for concurrent read operations)
Hector, Pelops, Astyanax, or something else ?

I browsed the mailing list, but I came across different types of arguments
and conclusions on behalf of various clients.

Thanks in advance,

James

Re: which high level Java client

Posted by Brian O'Neill <bo...@alumni.brown.edu>.
FWIW,

We keep most of our system level integrations behind REST using Virgil:
https://github.com/hmsonline/virgil

When a lower-level integration is necessary we use Hector, but
recently we've started using Astyanax and plan to port our Hector
dependencies over to Astyanax when given a chance.

I've also been looking to implement a Spring Data JPA adaptor like
what is available for MongoDB.
https://github.com/boneill42/spring-data-mongodb

I've forked the SpringSource Cassandra repo here if anyone wants to help out:
https://github.com/boneill42/spring-data-cassandra

-brian

--
Brian ONeill
Lead Architect, Health Market Science (http://healthmarketscience.com)

Re: which high level Java client

Posted by Vivek Mishra <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sasha Dolgy <sd...@gmail.com>.

--
Sasha Dolgy
sasha.dolgy@gmail.com

RE: which high level Java client

Posted by "Poziombka, Wade L" <wa...@intel.com>.

Posted by Roshan <co...@gmail.com>.
Hello

We are using Hector and it perfectly matching to our case.

https://github.com/hector-client/hector

Re: which high level Java client

Posted by Dan Washusen <da...@reactive.org>.
Pelops is a very thin wrapper over the Thrift client so that could be a good option.

You could also check out a fork by the VMWare/Spring guys which adds full async support: https://github.com/andrewswan/scale7-pelops.  I'm not sure on the state of it, but it seems promising...