Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stephen Chang <sc...@yahoo.com> on 2001/01/03 19:41:04 UTC

applying XSP logic to a taglib XML result?

This is a general question on design issues for XSP
pages in Cocoon?

I want to be able to write XML code which also makes
use of a particular taglib. This taglib returns
results in XML tag format. I want to be able to
process some of these results, such as storing them
into Session objects and so on. Finally, I want to
apply a stylesheet at the end for presentation into
HTML or WML.

How should I approach this? As the taglib call returns
data in XML format, I would have to use some
XSL:template matching to catch the result tags, and
then use some XSP:logic blocks to perform some work on
the results. That is the biggest issue I am having.
SHould I use a system such as the following:

XML(contains regular app-specific tags) --> XSL
(logicsheet which matches templates, calls the taglib,
and matches for the response, XSL:COPY everything
else) ---> XSL (applies HTML or WML formatting )

I can't seem to get this system to work consistently.
I suspect I am not using the right combo of Processing
instructions. Can anyone give me an example of how I
should put this together? I know that the SQL taglib
returns results in XML tag format. How is eveyrone
using their logicsheets with it?

Thanks for any help!

http://photos.yahoo.com/