Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com> on 2006/01/13 19:57:06 UTC

number of block duplicated

Hi,
I remember that I heard it is possible to change the number of block
duplicates somehow, but didn't find any property in the nutch-
default.xml.
Can someone give the lost link to this property?

Thanks.
Stefan

Link index & page content obtained separately.

Posted by Pashabhai <pa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi ,

Can anybody please  explain how indexes and page
content are linked together.

In a situation, where only indexes are sent by third
party but not the page content.

can i fetch the page content using Fetcher and then
link index & page together.

Presently i am able to show search results without
snippet & cached page.

Thanks

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: number of block duplicated

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@nutch.org>.
Dominik Friedrich wrote:
> Patch attached.

Thanks!

I've added some of these to nutch-default.xml.  I didn't add them all,
since putting them in nutch-default is like declaring something public:
we'll need to keep supporting that feature in the future.  Some of these
are things that users should not change, or are things which might soon
be removed.

Cheers,

Doug

Re: number of block duplicated

Posted by Dominik Friedrich <do...@wipe-records.org>.
Patch attached. I haven't added any properties from plugins or test classes.

best regards,
Dominik

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.

> to my nutch-site.xml. I saw in this file and other files also
> properties that are not in nutch-default.xml and some are not even
> read from NutchConf but set directly in the source code, e.g. in
> mapred/MRConstants.java. I could go through the current code and
> create an updated nutch-site.xml with all properties some day next
> week.

That would be great! !!

Thanks!

Re: number of block duplicated

Posted by Dominik Friedrich <do...@wipe-records.org>.
In ndfs/FSNamesystem.java is a property ndfs.replication so I added

<property>
  <name>ndfs.replication</name>
  <value>2</value>
  <description>Number of replications of fs blocks</description>
</property>

to my nutch-site.xml. I saw in this file and other files also properties
that are not in nutch-default.xml and some are not even read from
NutchConf but set directly in the source code, e.g. in
mapred/MRConstants.java. I could go through the current code and create
an updated nutch-site.xml with all properties some day next week.

regards,
Dominik